Get started in minutes. Become an IPv6 guru. Layer 2 transport. IP transit. Dedicated server. Colocation.
About Hurricane Electric
Hurricane Electric operates its own global IPv4 and IPv6 network and is considered the largest IPv6 backbone in the world as measured by number of networks connected. Within its global network, Hurricane Electric is connected to over 200 major exchange points and exchanges traffic directly with more than 7,500 different networks. Employing a resilient fiber-optic topology, Hurricane Electric has no less than five redundant 100G paths crossing North America, five separate 100G paths between the U.S. and Europe, and 100G rings in Europe and Asia. Hurricane also has a ring around Africa, and a PoP in Australia. In addition to its vast global network, Hurricane Electric owns and operates two data centers in Fremont, California - including Hurricane Electric Fremont 2, its newest 200,000 square-foot facility. Hurricane Electric offers IPv4 and IPv6 transit solutions over the same connection. Connection speeds available include 100GE (100 gigabits/second), 40GE, 10GE, and gigabit ethernet.
Contacting Hurricane Electric
760 Mission Court
Fremont, California, CA 94539
General Information: +1 510-580-4100 [email protected]
Tech Support: +1 510-580-4100 [email protected]
Sales: +1 510-580-4190 [email protected]
Billing: +1 510-580-4180 [email protected]
Fax: +1 510-580-4151
IPv6 certifications at he.net
The Hurricane Electric IPv6 Certification Project will allow you to certify your ability to configure IPv6 and to validate your IPv6 server's configuration.
Through this test tool set you will be able to:
- Prove that you have IPv6 connectivity
- Prove that you have a working IPv6 web server
- Prove that you have a working IPv6 email address
- Prove that you have working forward IPv6 DNS
- Prove that you have working reverse IPv6 DNS for your mail server
- Prove that you have name servers with IPv6 addresses that can respond to queries via IPv6
- Prove your knowledge of IPv6 technologies through quick and easy testing.
You will also demonstrate that you are familiar with IPv6 concepts such as:
- the format of IPv6 addresses
- AAAA records
- reverse DNS for IPv6
- the IPv6 localhost address
- the IPv6 default route
- the IPv6 documentation prefix
- the IPv6 link local prefix
- the IPv6 multicast prefix
- how to do an IPv6 ping
- how to do an IPv6 traceroute
- common IPv6 prefix lengths such as /64, /48, /32
- and more!
Users say that the Hurricane Electric Free IPv6 certification service is both entertaining and educational.
Hurricane Electric aim to provide you with something to do after your first IPv6 ping.
NOTES. Registering will give you access to the following services:
If you have already registered for one of the sites, you may login with those credentials without registering again.